The Canadian Ocean Mapping Research and Education Network (COMREN) aims to provide an improved structure and sharing capabilities in terms of research interest and academic activities in ocean mapping. It brings together the following institutions:
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Université Laval
- Marine Institute / Memorial University
- Nova Scotia Community College | NSCC
- University of New Brunswick
- University of Ottawa
- York University
Table of Contents
What is COMREN?
COMREN Training Programs
COMREN Student Travel Funding
- Thibodeau, M., Church, I., Francksen, T., Hains, D., Labbe-Morissette, G., Mullan, S., Proctor, A. 2021. Bathymetry and Positioning: Cloud-Based Technology Solution for Remote Work and Learning. The International Hydrographic Review. 25. pp. 151-158 . https://ihr.iho.int/articles/cloud-based-technology-solution-for-remote-work-and-learning/
- Church, I., Daniel, S., Mullan, S., Purcell, M., Laflamme, J., Knudby, A., Bisnath, S., Galway, S., Hains, D., 2020. The Canadian Ocean Mapping Research and Education Network (COMREN). Note in the International Hydrographic Review, No. 24, November 2020, pp. 173-180.
- Mullan, S., Hains, D., Labbé-Morissette, G., Armenakis, C. 2020. Robot revolution: autonomous survey platforms are accelerating global seafloor mapping and increasing hydrospatial awareness. Journal of Ocean Technology. 15(3). pp. 170-172.
- Alleosefour, A., Church, I., Brown, C. 2020. Modelling the Baroclinic Conditions of Bay of Fundy – FVCOM Case Study. Geomatics Atlantic, Online
- Arfeen, K., Church, I., 2019, Automated Processing of Hydrographic Data While Improving Bathymetric Accuracy and Uncertainty Assessment, Proceedings of the US Hydrographic Conference 2019
- Church, I., Arfeen, K. 2019, Automated Data Processing Workflow for Trusted Crowd Sourced Bathymetry, Vecteur Symposium 2019, Rimouski, QC, Canada
- Lacharité, M., Brown, C., Church, I., Keith, D., Sameoto, J., Alleosfour, A., Curtis, B., Gazzola, V., Hines, J., Kirchhoff, S., 2019, Mapping the Changing Ocean to Characterize Risk for Benthos in the Bay of Fundy, Canada, ASLO 2019 Aquatic Sciences Meeting, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Crowd-Sourced Bathymetry in the Northern Canada Area
- Hydrography to Biology: Developing Integrated Approaches for Benthic Habitat Mapping
- Processing of MBES Backscatter for Benthic Habitat Mapping/ Species and Community Habitat Mapping of the Bay of Fundy